AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) – Officials at Region 16’s Educational Services Center recently announced that the Highland Park Independent School District Board of Trustees has been named the region’s 2022 Outstanding School Board of the Year. 16.
This comes after the Area 16 Educational Services Center honored Canyon Independent School District Superintendent Darryl Flusche as Area 16’s 2022 Superintendent of the Year.
According to a press release from Region 16, school boards that are nominated to represent their regions will have the opportunity to be named one of Texas’ five honorary councils. One of the Texas honor boards will be chosen as the state’s outstanding school board.
“Highland Park ISD is an innovative, forward-thinking board that puts kids first,” Troy Seagler, Associate Executive Director for Region 16, said in the release. “We are very confident that they will represent Region 16 well at the next level.”
According to the release, various criteria were considered when selecting the region’s school board of the year. These criteria included:
- Act as a policy-making body
- Adherence to policies adopted by the board
- Support for teaching performance
- Support for education improvement and school transformation projects
- Commitment to a code of ethics
- Financial support for the school system
- Participation in workshops and improvement programs
- Place the well-being of children above personal or political motivations
- Public relations efforts
- Maintaining harmonious and supportive relationships between board members
All nominees, including Highland Park ISD, will represent Region 16 at the 2022 TASA/TASB convention in December.